This course is for massage therapists who are looking to update their current website or who do not have a website.
In this course, you will learn the basic terminology such as, what is a URL, domain name, and search engine optimization. Learn how to choose the right kind of URL for your massage business website.
We will go over the different choices you have and the pros and cons and important things to keep in mind whether you are going to hire a designer, building a WordPress website, and using a drag and drop site.
You will learn best practices for using color and fonts on a website. Included is a tutorial on how to use on of my favorite tools, the Adobe Color Wheel, and tools to help you easily match colors to images and/or a logo.
Copywriting is an important part of a business website and you will learn tips for effective copywriting. Websites also depend on structure so that users don't get frustrated clicking around the site.
Then we will review a group of different websites to review what has been learned throughout the course.
Finally, I will go over what search engine optimization (SEO) is and general tips to help your page appear in local searches.
Website Design and SEO On A Budget will give you a solid foundation to get started on putting your website together or updating an existing site.
Objectives for this course:
- Explain why a website is important for business.
- Identify the various options for starting a website and review the pros/cons of each.
- Distinguish the elements and best practices for creating a website that promotes a positive user experience.
- Examine methods of determining how to create a website that speaks to your target audience.
- Formulate a simple search engine optimization plan to help your website come up in searches from your target audience.
This course quiz consists of multiple choice questions.